TCM Classic Film Festival (Day 4)

8 Responses TCM Classic Film Festival (Day 4)
Posted By CineMaven : April 25, 2010 6:06 pm

You have vividly captured your experience at TCM’s first-ever Film Festival and it’s been a wonderful read here at the ol’ Morlocks ranch.

Thank you for describing the events you saw.

CineMaven.

Posted By CineMaven : April 25, 2010 6:06 pm

Thank you for describing the events you saw.

CineMaven.

Posted By Suzi : April 26, 2010 12:32 am

Hope someone comments on the Alloy Orchestra’s score for METROPOLIS.

Posted By Suzi : April 26, 2010 12:32 am

Hope someone comments on the Alloy Orchestra’s score for METROPOLIS.

Posted By Dennis Cozzalio : April 26, 2010 12:39 pm

Richard, Jeff, so sorry we didn’t end up running into each other during this great festival. Now that it’s all over I’ll be concentrating on writing up my own experience, which will be available this week, but I’m equally excited to read yours and see what you saw that I didn’t! Not like there weren’t too many conflicting choices, eh? This had to be one of the great experiences of my life, all told, which maybe tells you something about me, but hopefully more about what TCM has pulled off here. It was an absolutely great time. And Suzi, the Alloy Orchestra was brilliant! They got their own standing ovation, fully separate from the movie, and they deserved every clap. (Kimberly, I’m pretty sure I felt your spirit there during DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS!)

Posted By Dennis Cozzalio : April 26, 2010 12:39 pm

Posted By Kimberly Lindbergs : April 26, 2010 2:23 pm

I enjoyed reading all the live posts from the film festival! It seems like everyone who attended had a fantastic time.

Seeing DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS would have been a must see” if I had attended the festival, Dennis! I’m glad you got to go. I also hope you had a chance to catch The Good, the Bad and the Ugly screening with Wallach. That must have been an amazing presentation.

Hopefully this will become a regular yearly event so more people can make the trek to Hollywood and experience the TCM Classic Film Festival for themselves.

Posted By Kimberly Lindbergs : April 26, 2010 2:23 pm