TCM Classic Film Festival (Day 3)

8 Responses TCM Classic Film Festival (Day 3)
Posted By Suzi : April 24, 2010 11:11 am

You guys make this movie sound irresistible. And, it sounds like you are having fun. I am enjoying the posts from TCM Fest as I am in Champaign, Illinois, attending Ebertfest.

Posted By Suzi : April 24, 2010 11:11 am

Posted By moirafinnie : April 24, 2010 7:03 pm

Thanks to each of you who are sharing the excitement, insights and fun of this festival with those of us who can only attend in spirit. The joy and hubbub of this event comes through in each post.

Posted By moirafinnie : April 24, 2010 7:03 pm

Posted By Alan K. Rode : April 25, 2010 4:52 pm

Glad to see that Miss Blandish was screened for a second time on the West Coast by TCM. It previously played during UCLA’s Brit Noir Festival during November at the Billy Wilder Theatre.

Posted By Alan K. Rode : April 25, 2010 4:52 pm

Posted By Alan K. Rode : April 25, 2010 4:56 pm

I am joyous that Mike Hyatt’s restoration of Triffids made it on the festival bill. Mike put his heart and soul into restoring this film and I am glad that he is realizing some tangible benefits for all years of hard work. According to Phil Yordan, he made Triffids and Crack in the World in order to, “free up my frozen pesetas” earned over in Spain working for Samuel Bronston!

Posted By Alan K. Rode : April 25, 2010 4:56 pm